Our much-loved cook Miss Mauzie has a knack at planning and preparing nutritious meals the children gobble up at lunch time. But one of her dishes gets so much praise we had to share it with you so you can prepare it for your family at home. We promise she hasn’t left out any secret ingredients so your children are guaranteed to eat every last morsel.
Miss Mauzie’s Famous Zucchini Slice
- 4 Cups Raw Vegetables – mostly zucchini plus some carrot, capsicum, onion and garlic
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese
- 6 Eggs
- 4 Bacon Rashers
- Butter/spray oil for greasing
This is so easy!!!
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Lightly grease a quiche dish, line with baking paper and regrease
3. Chop bacon into small pieces, fry, then set aside to cool
4. Gently whisk eggs in large bowl
5. Stir in grated vegetables and cheese
6. Add bacon
7. Slowly mix the flour through
8. Pour the mix into prepared dish
9. Cook for 30mins or until cooked
10. Serve on its own or with a basic salad for an extra dose of Vit V (for vegetables)
This will be heaps to feed a family of four with enough for seconds or leftovers…if you’re lucky.
*This recipe is easy to modify to suit specific dietary needs.